Now that you’ve outlined your family’s needs, it’s important to learn as much as you can about the different types of child care available in North Carolina. Understanding all your options will help you find the child care setting that will best meet your needs and get your child’s education off to a strong start.
- Regulated and unregulated child care programs
- Child care options that are not licensed by the state
- The difference between a licensed family child care home and a licensed center
- The types of centers and homes that receive a Notice of Compliance – GS-110 (also known as “religious exemption”)
- Accredited child care centers and homes
- Various types of early childhood philosophies/program types